Provider: Australia New Zealand Burns Association
The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course teaches how to recognise, assess, stabilise and transfer the severely burnt patient.
Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in more detail in group discussions. Life-like case simulations are then used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
The course is aimed at health professionals who may find themselves caring for person with an acute severe burn injury. It supplements existing clinical knowledge in trauma management with the specific aspects and challenges associated with a burn injury.
The course concludes with a written examination (MCQ) and a short simulated patient clinical scenario. A certificate of completion is provided on successful completion of both parts. The course runs over one day, with registration at 7.30am, and concluding at 5.45pm. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 24 participants for each course.
A course manual will be distributed approximately three weeks before the course. The course manual is essential pre-course reading, if you have not received the manual by this time, please contact the Secretariat Office. It is important that the manual be studied prior to undertaking the course.
Organisation: Australian & New Zealand Burn Association (ANZBA)
CPD Points: On application
Dates & Times:
Course dates for 2018* are:
- February 17th – Sydney (CHW) – COURSE FULL
- March 17th – Adelaide
- March 17th – Auckland
- March 24th – Melbourne (Alfred) – Note date change!
- March 24th – Darwin
- March 24th – Brisbane – COURSE FULL
- April 14th – Warrnambool – date to be confirmed
- May 5th – Perth
- May 5th – Sunshine Coast Qld (limited places available)
- May 12th – Sydney (RNSH)
- (ANZBA Nursing Seminar – 1st & 2nd June – Sydney)
- June 16th – Wollongong
- June 23rd – Hobart
- August 18th – Townsville
- August 18th – Christchurch
- September 29th – Sydney (Concord)
- (ANZBA Conference – Tue 16– Fri 19 Oct – Brisbane)
- November 17th – Melbourne
- November 24th – Wellington
* note – venues are still to be confirmed, so there may be some change of dates
ANZBA Members – (Early Bird* AU$610.00, General Reg. AU$660.00)
Non-Members – (Early Bird* AU$760.00, General Reg. AU$810.00)
Registration Forms: http://anzba.org.au/assets/Registration-form_generic-2018.pdf
Contact Person: Jillian Custance
Phone: (07) 3325 1030