This 2-day program provides rehabilitation physicians with practical management skills. practical leadership skills for Clinicians with management responsibilities. The development of your leadership and management skills are essential for your career, for your patient outcomes and your organisation.
The following 4 study themes are covered in the program:
- Understanding Healthcare Systems (Simulation activity)
- Media Awareness
- Clinical Governance & Effective Teams
- Medico Legal
This 2-day workshop is aimed at:
- Doctors transitioning into a management role
- Doctors who have recently been appointed to a leadership and/or management position
You will benefit by:
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Understanding the factors necessary for continuous quality improvement in patient safety
- Developing your knowledge of health care systems operations
- Understanding how to lead and manage team effectiveness
- An opportunity to network with senior medical administration specialists
- Receiving a Management for Clinicians certificate on completion
Provider: Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
These workshops are facilitated by experienced Fellows of The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators. Our Fellows have current experience in responding to the challenges of working in a complex and adaptive healthcare system and during the workshop will share their insights and experiences with participants.
The program meets the completion requirements for Module 5 of the Australasian Faculty of Rehab Medicine (AFRM) training program. Participants must complete a short reflective paper on the workshop outcomes for this program to be recognised by AFRM.
Dates & Times: 19 & 20 May 2018
Venue: Novotel Hotel, 169-179 Thomas Street, Haymarket NSW 2000
TO REGISTER: Go to http://racma.edu.au/m4c and select the ‘Book Now’ link to secure your place. Bookings are essential.
Contact Person: Debbie
Phone: 03 9824 4699