Provider: Black Dog Institute
Dealing with Depression is a highly interactive program that aims to provide general practitioners with a practical framework for diagnosing and managing depression. The program uses case based learning to explore key challenges GPs experience when caring for patients with depression. Cases will be examined and effective strategies will be devised to address these challenges.
Prerequisites: Completion of predisposing activity
Suitable for: GP Registrars, GPs
Topic 1: Assessment
Topic 2: Diagnosis
Topic 3: Management
- Diagnose clinically significant depression.
- Recognise the contribution of biological, social and psychological factors to the current depressive episode.
- Assess and manage risk in the depressed patient.
- Select pharmacological treatment best suited to the individual patient.
- Develop a comprehensive mental health treatment plan derived from the formulation of the individual patient.
• 40 RACGP QI&CPD Category 1
• 30 ACRRM PRPD
• Approved by the General Practice Mental Health Standards Collaboration (GPMHSC) for Mental Health Skills Training (MHST)
Date & Time: Sat 23rd June 2018, 9am-5pm
Venue: Hospital Road, Randwick, NSW
REGISTER HERE: https://blackdoginstitute.secure.force.com/forms/bdi_EducationCourseRegister?courseId=a0R1200000SyFRlEAN