Provider: Black Dog Institute
The diagnosis and management of bipolar disorder presents many challenges to primary care clinicians. Our six hour highly interactive program explores the key issues and difficulties in the detection and treatment of bipolar disorder, equipping the clinician with the knowledge and skills required to deliver an integrated pharmacological and psychological approach best suited to the needs of people living with bipolar disorder.
Prerequisites: Completion of predisposing activity, completion of Mental Health Skills Training (MHST).
Suitable for: Counsellors, GP Registrars, GPs, Multi-disciplinary, Psychologists, Social Workers
Topic 1: Assessment & Diagnosis
Topic 2: Pharmacological Management
Topic 3: Recovery & Wellness
Topic 4: Diagnostic Dilemmas
- Identify the key features of bipolar disorder.
- Assess patients presenting with depression for possible underlying bipolar disorder.
- Undertake a risk assessment for patients with bipolar disorder.
- List common co-morbid conditions that accompany bipolar disorder.
- Outline the pharmacological management of bipolar disorder.
- Delineate the role of psycho-education and psychological strategies in achieving and maintaining well-being in patients with bipolar disorder.
• 40 RACGP QI&CPD Category 1 Points
• 30 ACCRM PRPD
• Focused Psychological Strategies CPD(GPMHSC)
• 6 Hours CPD (psychologists)
• AASW Endorsed Activity
Dates, Times, Costs & Registration:
|NSW||Randwick||02 Jun 2018||9 AM – 5 PM||$360.00||Register and Pay Online|
|QLD||Innisfail||24 Feb 2018||9 AM – 5 PM||$50.00||Register and Pay Online|
|VIC||Shepparton||09 Jun 2018||9 AM – 5 PM||$50.00||Register and Pay Online|
|VIC||Ballarat||09 Jun 2018||9 AM – 5 PM||$50.00||Register and Pay Online|