Provider: AMA Queensland
Developed by the AMA Queensland Council of Doctors in Training, the Junior Doctor Conference (JDC) program features an ambitious, case-study driven agenda and frontline perspectives from Australian and international luminaries in medicine. This high quality/low-cost program is tailored to engage junior doctors and medical students in developing their personal growth, career pathways, leadership roles and mental health.
The conference covers:
- leadership skills from exemplary medical leaders;
- the latest thinking on global health;
- doctor in training mental health;
- emerging career pathways for junior doctors;
- a simulated workshop, including an emergency scenario; and
- a hands-on radiology interpretation session.
Why should our members join your classes: (optional, 150-200 words)
- being inspired by some of the most distinguished minds in medicine;
- access to 30 + expert presenters including Dr Sandro Demaio of the World Health Organisation, Geneva and Dr Dan Diamond, who headed up the medical response for Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans;
- the chance to deliver your own 10-minute medical research presentation;
- claiming up to 9.5 CPD hours for Doctors in Training years 2 – 4 plus;
- experiencing a 5-star networking environment at the JDC by night cocktail party
- Brigadier Michael Bond CSC, Director, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Queensland
- Dr Alessandro Demaio, Medical Officer, World Health Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr Dan Diamond, Founder and Director of the first state-affiliated medical disaster response team, mental health expert, United States of America
- Dr Amandeep Hansra, Chief Executive Officer, Telstra Readycare, Sydney
- Prof Stephen O’Leary, Department of Surgery (Otolaryngology), Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, East Melbourne
- Dr John Reilly, Chief Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Officer, Clinical Excellence Division, Department of Health
- Dr Amanda Smith, General Practitioner and co-owner/operator of Queensland Raceways, Willowbank.
- Dr Michael Wagels, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Princess Alexandra Hospital
To view the full program, please click here.
CPD Points & College: (if relevant)
Up to 9.5 hours can be claimed for Doctors in training in years two plus. The hours can be counted towards their 50 hours CPD activity annual requirement as mandated by the Medical Board of Australia.
Dates & Times:
- Saturday 23 June 2018, 9am – 4.30pm
- Sunday 24 June 2018, 9.30am – 3.15pm
Venue: Hilton Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Cost*: Registration fees start at $170 for one day passes and $295 for both days. (Special early-bird AMA Queensland member rates end Friday 20 April.)
Contact Person: For any enquiries, please contact the AMA Queensland Events Team on (07) 3872 2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.