Provider: MDA National
By the end of the Win–Win Conflict Resolution: Positive Communication in Practice-based Clinical Teams* activity, participants should be able to:
- discuss how to use negotiation as a technique to reach an acceptable resolution to conflict between themselves and another party
- describe how to use mediation to resolve conflict between others in a way that satisfies both parties
- identify at least three communication strategies for effectively resolving conflict including using the DESC mnemonic.
* Please note that while this workshop is appropriate for doctors of all specialties (along with their clinical and non-clinical teams), the examples used come from practice-based environments.
By the end of the Enhancing Patient Understanding – Health Literacy and Communication session, participants should be able to:
- discuss potential health implications for patients who have limited health literacy
- outline warning signs indicating limited health literacy
- implement communication strategies to improve patient understanding
- appraise workplace systems and environments to ensure the entire healthcare experience supports patients with limited health literacy.
Dr Genevieve Yates is an educator, a GP and a medical writer. She is currently the Queensland Censor and a senior examiner for the RACGP, a member of MDA National’s Education Services Advisory Group (ESAG), and runs mental health workshops for the Black Dog Institute. She worked as a GP medical educator for over a decade, most recently as Associate Director of Training of North Coast GP Training until the organisation ceased to operate in December 2015. In 2010, Genevieve received the Arts and Health Australia Awards for Excellence in Medical Humanities and Education and in 2014 was awarded GPET’s Medical Educator of the Year. Genevieve injects her creativity into medicine and medicine into creativity by using film, theatre and music in her teaching. She has had several short stories, a novel and a play published, a short film produced, and five plays as well as a musical staged.
CPD Points & College: Variable CPD points for all GP and other specialty colleges, for details, check here.
Dates & Times: Saturday 12th May, 8.45am – 3.00pm
Venue: Mantra Mooloolaba Beach, QLD
Cost: Free for MDA National Members
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
Phone: 1800 011 255